KETO Friendly Cranberry Pumpkin Almond (or Vanilla) Power Blend Smoothie (Includes
This sweet and tangy, festive and frosty smoothie is made with zucchini, cranberries, pumpkin protein powder, a touch of almond or vanilla extract, cinnamon spice, and a little avocado oil to boost healthy fats and give smooth texture.
1 cup of unsweetened milk: Almond or Flax Milk
2 tbsp. pumpkin seed protein powder
½ cup zucchini, skin on, sliced or shredded (frozen)
½ cup whole unsweetened cranberries (frozen)
½ tsp. almond or vanilla extract
½ tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. avocado oil
1 tsp. chia seeds (we prefer milled white)
2 packets (2 tsp.) zero calorie sugar substitute
Pour milk into a blender.
Add protein powder.
Add remaining ingredients.
Blend on high speed until smooth — about 1 minute.
- Buying and using frozen zucchini and cranberries adds convenience, helps reduce waste, eliminates the need to add ice to your smoothie, and helps make a smooth consistency.
- Pre-measure zucchini and cranberries ahead of time, put them in small storage bags or other containers, and store in the freezer so when you’re ready to make a smoothie the ingredients are ready to go.
- If you get lots of zucchini from your summer garden, shred some, and freeze it to enjoy in smoothies all year long!
- Choose a non-dairy milk alternative product fortified with calcium and vitamins A, D, and B12.
- If you need more sweetness, you can add more sugar substitute. Each packet or tsp. of dextrose-containing sweetener will add 1 g carbs to the recipe.
*Customize your smoothie with your choice of milk. If you must avoid tree nuts (almond), flax milk is a keto-friendly alternative, and you can use vanilla instead of almond extract.
Calories 244, Protein 21 grams, Fat 12 grams, Carbs 13 grams, Fiber 7 grams