Autumn Harvest Power Blend Smoothie (Includes Vegan Options)
This satisfying smoothie made with butternut squash, cranberries, apple, and pumpkin or sunflower protein powder is as refreshing as a crisp bright autumn morning. Add a touch of vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to warm your soul!
1 cup of unsweetened milk: Fat Free Dairy or Lactose & Fat-free Ultrafiltered Dairy or Soy Milk or Pea Protein Milk
Protein powder: 1 tbsp. pumpkin seed or 1 tbsp sunflower seed
- ½ cup cubed butternut squash (frozen)
- ¼ cup unsweetened whole cranberries (frozen)
- ¾ cup sliced green apple, cored, skin on, thinly sliced (frozen)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 dash pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. chia seed (we prefer milled white)
- 1 packet (1 tsp.) zero calorie sugar substitute (optional)
Pour milk into a blender.
Add protein powder.
Add remaining ingredients.
Blend on high speed until smooth- about 1 minute.
- Buying and using frozen butternut squash adds convenience, helps reduce waste, eliminates the need to add ice to your smoothie, and helps make a smooth consistency.
- Pre-measure squash and cranberries, core and thinly slice apples, put them in small storage bags or other containers ahead of time, and store in the freezer so when you’re ready to make a smoothie the ingredients are ready to go.
- If you use a non-dairy milk alternative, choose a product fortified with calcium and vitamins A, D, and B12.
*Customize your smoothie with your choice of milk, protein powder, and your favorite optional sugar substitute. If you must avoid dairy or soy, try one of our suggested alternatives.
Calories 244, Protein 19 grams, Fat 4 grams, Carbs 33 grams, Fiber 8 grams