A Perfect MATCHa! Power Blend Meal Replacement Smoothie (Includes Vegan Options)
This simple green matcha smoothie gets a nutritional boost from spinach, banana, and your choice of protein powder…a perfect way to jump-start your morning or give yourself an energy boost later in the day!
1 cup of unsweetened milk: Fat Free Dairy or Lactose & Fat-free Ultrafiltered Dairy or Soy Milk or Pea Protein Milk
Protein powder: 1 tbsp. pumpkin seed or 1 tbsp. pea/quinoa or 2 tbsp. soy or 2 tbsp. whey
- 1 cup chopped spinach (frozen)
- ½ medium banana, sliced (frozen)
- 1 – 2 tsp. matcha powder
½ tsp. almond or vanilla extract
- 1 packet (1 tsp.) zero calorie sugar substitute (optional)
Pour milk into a blender.
Add protein powder.
Add remaining ingredients.
Blend on high speed until smooth — about 1 minute.
- Buying and using frozen spinach adds convenience, helps reduce waste, eliminates the need to add ice to your smoothie, and helps make a smooth consistency.
- Peel and cut up bananas and pre-measure the spinach, put them in small storage bags or other containers, and store in the freezer so when you’re ready to make a smoothie the ingredients are ready to go.
- If you use a non-dairy milk alternative, choose a product fortified with calcium and vitamins A, D, and B12.
*Customize your smoothie with your choice of milk and protein powder. If you must avoid dairy (including whey), soy, or almonds, try one of our suggested alternatives.
Calories 240, Protein 23 grams, Fat 4 grams, Carbs 28 grams, Fiber 7 grams