Apple Cinnamon Bun Power Blend Smoothie (Includes Vegan Options)
Whenever sugary treats tempt you, try this high protein, apple cinnamon bun-inspired smoothie as a better-for-you swap. Vanilla and cinnamon enhance the natural sweet goodness of apples and carrots, which help satisfy cravings.
1 cup of unsweetened milk: Fat Free Dairy or Lactose & Fat-free Ultrafiltered Dairy or Soy Milk or Pea Protein Milk
Protein powder: 1 tbsp. pumpkin seed or 1 tbsp. pea/quinoa or 2 tbsp. soy or 2 tbsp. whey
½ medium apple (core removed, skin on, thinly sliced, frozen)
½ cup carrots, diced or sliced (frozen)
- 1 tbsp. old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 packet (1 tsp.) zero calorie sugar substitute (optional)
Pour milk into a blender.
Add protein powder.
Add remaining ingredients.
Blend on high speed until smooth — about 1 minute.
- Buying and using frozen carrots adds convenience, helps reduce waste, eliminates the need to add ice to your smoothie, and helps make a smooth consistency.
- Core and thinly slice the apple and pre-measure carrots, put them in small storage bags or other containers, and store in the freezer so when you’re ready to make a smoothie the ingredients are ready to go.
- If you use a non-dairy milk alternative, choose a product fortified with calcium and vitamins A, D, and B12.
*Customize your smoothie with your choice of milk and protein powder. If you must avoid dairy (including whey) or soy, try one of our suggested alternatives.
Calories 236, Protein 19 grams, Fat 4 grams, Carbs 31 grams, Fiber 7 grams