Whether you’re at home or out at your favorite bar or restaurant, you can enjoy alcohol in moderation while keeping to our keto or low-carb lifestyle. Try the tips below to help you have a happier happy hour.
Enjoy alcohol in moderation
- Two (2) drinks a day for men and one (1) a day for women can be a part of a healthy eating style.
- One drink = 1.5 oz. 80 proof distilled spirits (1 oz. if 100 proof), 5 oz. wine, or 12 oz. beer.
- Besides carbs, alcohol supplies calories (7 calories per gram). If you have a weight loss goal, limit alcohol to special occasions or avoid it altogether to support your goal.
- Drink plenty of water every day, especially when you have happy hour plans.
- Alternate sips of an alcoholic drink with sips of water.
- Choose still or sparkling water as a cocktail mixer.
Choose lower-carb swaps
- Below are ideas if you choose to drink distilled spirits, wine, or beer:
Think your drink to support your keto or low-carb lifestyle by enjoying alcohol in moderation, keeping hydrated, and choosing lower-carb options.